I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Jul 22, 2008

Outlined in Pink - A Watercolor



Here is another flower picture that I took while out at the Renaissance. I was so frustrated once the pictures were developed because I had forgotten to adjust the shutter speed and aperture. The wind was blowing as well which didn't help. However on a hunch I decided to play with the artistic devices in photoshop. I really like the way the watercolor filter looks on the flower. It gives it a soft appearance that looks intentional and not just out of focus. It's great to salvage these otherwise unusable images.

8 comments:

Marvin said...

Cool "art" photo. I'll have to remember this technique should I ever take an out of focus photo. :-)

Pietro Brosio said...

I haven't Photoshop yet, but I think it offers many and many possibilities and the results are fine.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is well done. Don't you just love a good watercolor! Have a terrific day!

Louise said...

Great salvage. Cosmos are one of my favorite flowers. Mine are on the verge of going wild. I have a few single pictures, but soon there will be a forest of them in one of my tiny flower beds.

If i got a picture like that, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it!

momof4 said...

That came out great! Kind of looks like a painting...I love it.
I still can't figure out my corel photoshop thing...I'm so clueless. Someday when I have more time (in like 18 yrs. lol) I just might be able to figure it out.

Shelley said...

I like the "watercolor" perspective!

storyteller said...

I just discovered these ‘artistic devices’ in PSE yesterday and played with them. What you’ve done here is very ‘kewl’ indeed and you’ve inspired me to ‘play’ a bit more when time permits. Thanks for sharing ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Kerri Farley said...

I couldn't agree more! I LOVE playing with my shots that don't turn out too well! This is beautiful!

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family