I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Sep 27, 2008

Monarch Butterflies





On the Saturday before Labor Day, we went out to the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge for a walk. The first critter that I came across was a monarch butterfly. The first two images are the same butterfly. However, I am not sure if the third photo is of the same butterfly. I think it might possibly be the same one in all three photos. I remember feeling as though I was chasing the poor thing. I would see a monarch flying and it seemed as though I could never catch up to it except these two different times. It kept flying just ahead of me.


For more camera critters click the icon to the right.

15 comments:

ratmammy said...

these are very beautiful photos! thanks for visiting!

storyteller said...

These Monarch Butterfly photos are lovely!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I understand they will be moving south any time soon. You'll miss them.

Reader Wil said...

All three photos are great!

bobbie said...

Butterflies are my passion. Monarchs are so very beautiful. Your photos are wonderful.

AppleDebbie said...

Gorgeous photos... the wings look like stained glass! Wonderful post!

Tink *~*~* said...

I LOVE your header photo. It's so beautiful, it made my eyes tear up a little. :D

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Unknown said...

They are such beautiful flutterers! >:)

Unknown said...

Butterflies are so beautiful.. like living jewels. Nice critters :)

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Pls stop by both my blogs for double the Critters!


http://twobarkingdogs.wordpress.com/

http://onevintagephoto.wordpress.com/

Misty DawnS said...

Beautiful photos. I've seen a LOT of Monarchs around here lately. They must be migrating.

ChrissyM said...

lovely!

Anonymous said...

I think the Monarch Butterfly is very beautiful - I wish we had them here. Thanks for sharing your pictures from your walk. 'Shiawassee' - an interesting name.

Thanks so much for mentioning my flower blog - I like your quote too. Just visit when you can, Christy. I'll be back as well.

Heart of Rachel said...

Those are beautiful butterflies. Thanks for sharing.

Louise said...

It is fine even if you chased it. I like Monarchs because they are one of the few that will land long enough for me to take a picture, though the sight of one at my house is extremely rare. (One or two in 6 years.)

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family