I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Jun 12, 2008

My Visitor



This is not a typical post for me. I am more of a plant and landscape photographer but I couldn't resist sharing my little visitor with everyone. I am almost sure this is the same bunny who frequented my yard last year but I can't say for certain. I love watching the bunnies in my yard. I love all the creatures that frequent my yard but I love the bunnies the best. Maybe because sadly a few years ago I accidentally hit a bunny while I was driving home one night. I saw the bunny and was switching lanes to avoid hitting him and he was hopping away in the opposite direction then suddenly as I got closer to him he changed directions and try as I may I was unable to avoid him. I pulled into the driveway when I got home and lost it. I was utterly devastated. This was the first and only time I have ever killed an animal. I was heartbroken and my husband had no compassion for me, well he had a little but not enough to console me. He had been following me and witnessed the incident and even now years later takes every chance to remind me of the poor fate of that bunny by calling all the little bunnies we see now "thump thumps". He does this in part now because he knows that it irritates me. But I am so thankful that my bunny friends don't all hate me now and that I am blessed to have them living in the small and I mean small patch of woods that is behind my home. Sorry if I depressed anyone.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

"thump thumps" made me laugh - but I do sympathize w/ you. I accidentally ran over a baby squirrel last week and felt terrible. Your bunny in the photo has such a nice coat!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

This little bunny in your picture is beautiful! I love these little creatures.

I've been in the car when my husband has hit things before, and it's the most sickening feeling. Just dreadful and I cried like a baby.

Christy said...

Shellmo - Thanks. I can laugh at it now but when he started it only a few days after it happened it really bothered me. I'll be the first to admit I have a tender heart and hate to see anything get hurt although as far as bugs go if they come in my house its fair game.

Sandpiper - I really love bunnies and squirrels. I usually have feeders out for both and any other visitors as well. Although lately it is a challenge to budget it in to the financial plan and my poor creatures have had to find food else where but some do still frequent my yard.

Marvin said...

I wish I could send you some of our cottontails, Christy. We have more than our veggie garden can handle. I don't mind sharing, but sometimes they want all of a particular crop.

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family