I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Jun 5, 2008

Lovely Lilac



Now here is a flower that I definitely know. I have a fondness for the lilac. Growing up there were lilac bushes in the back yard right outside the kitchen window. We actually didn't have much of a backyard because a crick (drainage ditch) ran right through it. As a batter of fact there was only enough room to run the lawn mower up and back between the garage and the crick. Anyway I remember playing in and around these bushes. My childhood consisted of making "homes" out of the bushes and trees that were in our yard and the neighbor's yard, well mostly the neighbor's yard since we really only had the lilac bushes in our yard unless you went on the other side of the crick (we did have a small bridge going across). I now have a small lilac bush in my yard. I wish I could say it was an offspring of the ones that I grew up with but it is not. Enjoy the picture.

3 comments:

Marvin said...

It sounds as if lilacs have a very special place in your memory. Thanks for sharing this photo.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

You have an awesome blog. Gorgeous pictures!

alicesg said...

Very beautiful flowers.

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family