I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

May 20, 2008

Serenity as Watercolor



Okay I'm shifting modes for a moment. I decided to play with some of my wedding photos. This is one of my favorite images. I have actually made this to look as if it was a watercolor painting. This image is one of those once in a lifetime shots. She was a very active little girl. I love the way this image looks when printed traditionally (you know in the black and white darkroom). Although it was a pain to get the image to come out the way I really wanted it to, making it the only print of its kind. I did have a two prints that looked good so I gave them to her mother and grandmother. It worked out nice because they were able to be given as mother's day gifts. However the print that I tweaked to perfection I have hanging on my wall at the moment. It was juried into the student art show at school and hung in the gallery for like three weeks or so (not for sale though). I had four prints in the show and this was when I realized that maybe I was an artist, although I never plan to live by my art, it is more for my benefit. I have sold one piece and have started shooting weddings and senior portraits. These are always fun but can be a nightmare from what I have heard. So far I have been lucky but then again I have only shot for family and close friends.

No comments:

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family