I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

May 27, 2008

Drayton Plains Covered Bridge (Waterford, MI)



Okay so I discovered a covered bridge. I have not seen this little bridge documented anywhere in my research thus far. I almost didn't take a pic of it and I thought wait a minute if I am going to be true to my mission and photograph the covered bridges of Michigan, then I really need to include this little bridge. Just a simple little thing leading back to the ponds of the Drayton Plains Nature Center. We had a pleasant day down in Waterford. We walked the perimeter of the ponds, almost two miles.

3 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

What a beautiful bridge and you are so right.. this is exactly the type of bridge that you need to document.. lovely.
The photo you asked about is great quality digital so I can print in in what ever size you want.. just let me know or go ahead an place an order with photo name in the order( I believe it was Redtail hawk/ tim the talon) and I will get it printed and sent to you ASAP
Thanks so much~ Stacey

Anonymous said...

Hello Christy, Thanks for stopping by my blog today. This little covered bridge is really pretty. I looked at some of your other photos of covered bridges, as well. Some of them have very intriguing names, like Ada and Pierce Stocking. The Langley one is so long. I've never seen anything like it. A beautiful photograph of the sky and water and covered bridge!
:)

Shelley said...

Who knew that Michigan had it's own beautiful covered bridges? I enjoyed the photo!

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family