I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Aug 28, 2008

Calico Pennant




Here is a different flier for me. This lovely dragonfly was kind enough not to fly away as I was taking his picture. He did reposition himself though. I was within a few feet of this guy. He was in the same area as the first two butterflies that I took pictures of that day. I believe that this dragonfly is called a Calico Pennant. He was much easier to narrow down. There are not near the amount of dragonflies and damselflies as there are butterflies and moths.

I have never photographed dragonflies before but after viewing them on a few of the blogs that I read regularly - Virtua Gallery and The Ohio Nature Blog. So when I saw this guy I thought why not and gave it a shot. I am very pleased with my results. Also I am learning that the camera I have at the moment is great for shooting these macro type shots. This is great for me since I enjoy the close up shots.

4 comments:

Louise said...

In my world, dragonflies are a much easier capture than butterflies. I actually have a couple of dragonfly shots. I've never seen this one, however. I like his reddinh body and blackish wings. Unusual!

Shelley said...

I've been finding the dragonflies more & more interesting as I've viewed them on other blogs - I like the one you captured very much!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Christy: Nice capture and two great sites.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Great shots - I just love all the dragon flies this time of year!

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family