I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Jun 7, 2011

Frankenmuth Hot Air Balloon Festival - Friday

Memorial Weekend we went up to Frankenmuth to see the Hot Air Balloon Races and to see the Glows. I am so glad we went Friday. We were able to catch one race (the only race out of seven that was able to be completed.) This was also the only night that they had a full glow in the evening.

This is one of the fiesta flyers after take off.


One of the competitive flyers as it floated directly overhead.


The Friday evening balloon glow.


Such a fun day and we went back Saturday and Sunday. These days were not as exciting but still a lot of fun. Looking forward to next year's festival.

8 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wow,that is colourful and pretty.

Christy said...

Thank you, Ruth. This was my first time going to such an event and it was so much fun. I look forward to going again next year.

Melissa Weisbard said...

Great photos! There is an annual hot air balloon race in Kentucky every year about a week or so before the Kentucky Derby. I usually like to go, but it was so rainy this year that I didn't go (and I'm not even sure if the race happened - it may have been cancelled). Your photos make me look forward to next year's race. =)

christianniebres said...

wow... ireally like your blog... we have the same field of interest. i am also passionate in phohotography.

Unknown said...

The night shot is fantastic!

- Evan

Anonymous said...

great photos! love the angle of the first one and the beautiful colors of the second

Anonymous said...

Nice Photography

But Which Type of Watermark you Use Can You Please Explain

Urgent Thanks You :)

Christy said...

These waermarks were applied in Photoshop. My newer images are watermarked in Lightroom.

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family