I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Oct 14, 2011

Double Rainbow

This is an image that I merged together to get the full rainbow. On the right side you can see a faint double rainbow. This was such a weird day. I left the store and saw the double rainbow. I stopped took pictures then moved to a better location for shots. My cousin, who was with me, and I watched the rainbows fade. We started to head home and BAM! the rainbows appeared again. I frantically tried to figure out where I could safely pull off the road and take more pictures. Found a place and the image above is the result from this little endeavor. And to think I almost waited to go to the store at a later date.


Info from Wiki about double rainbows:

"In a double rainbow, a second arc may be seen above and outside the primary arc, and has the order of its colours reversed (red faces inward toward the other rainbow, in both rainbows). This second rainbow is caused by light reflecting twice inside water droplets. The region between a double rainbow is dark, and is known as "Alexander's band" or "Alexander's dark band". The reason for this dark band is that, while light below the primary rainbow comes from droplet reflection, and light above the upper (secondary) rainbow also comes from droplet reflection, there is no mechanism for the region between a double rainbow to show any light reflected from water drops."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely
different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design.

Excellent choice of colors!

Here is my web page ... Laura Glading

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family