I truly think that there is more beauty in imperfection than perfection, for it is the imperfect things that truly make us beautiful. --me
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape ©2008-2014 Christy Rae Woods and Into the Woods Photography. All Rights Reserved. All images and content are copyrighted material and may not be used in any manner without prior written permission.

Dec 14, 2008

Sunburst in the Snow


I finally made it out the other day to take some pictures of the snow. Actually, I had to take my husband to work on Sunday and had time to kill before Sunday School started. I took a little detour and drove the little drive at For-Mar Nature Preserve. I drive by here every trip I make to church and finally had enough time to drive in and get a few shots of the snow. I was so excited over the last few pictures. I have never been able to get this look without the use of a filter. However this day was different. I love the star burst effect that the trees created with the sun. I wish that I would have been able to get out of the car but with two little ones en tow, this was not possible besides they were both sound asleep in their seats. I also wish that I would have seen some critters, while I did see a few birds they were not in good photo taking position, I had hoped to see some deer as I typically do when driving by here but alas the day that I am able to go in and take some images they are no where in sight. Really, how do they know this? I never seem to have luck with photographing deer except on rare occasions.

6 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Wow! That is about as perfect as it gets.Love that starburst.I have tried the same thing many times without much luck,guess I just need to keep on trying.
Blessings,Ruth

Michele said...

Ooo... that's fantastic! I often try to catch that sunburst as well but only catch half of it or it gets distorted somehow but gosh, you did it just perfectly! You deserve to be very proud of this shot! Well done!

Shelley said...

I love seeing the sun coming thru the trees! Like you - I never can seem to find deer to photograph!

Melissa Weisbard said...

What a gorgeous photo! They are saying we may get up to 4 inches of snow here in Kentucky tonight. I hope so. I'd really like to photograph some snow. Last week I was driving and I saw a really rare light pillar from the sun. Not only was there a light pillar, there was also a rainbow halo around the sun. I was so upset because I didn't have my camera with me. I was also driving on the expressway. Things like that always happen when I don't have my camera!

Stanley said...

SNOW!!! WOw, its must be really cool to have a white Christmas. I have yet to experience one. Merry Early Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Louise said...

This is a "Wow!" photo. I love it. I'm amazed you did it without a filter, and very impressed, with or without critters.

My First Blogging Recognition

My First Blogging Recognition
from Louise at Potted Frog

My Second Blogging Recognition

My Second Blogging Recognition
from Mom of 4 at Our "Lil" Family

My Third Blogging Recognition

My Third Blogging Recognition
from Pam at The Conley Family